If you have a chipped, slightly misaligned, or otherwise imperfect tooth that needs cosmetic restoration, we may suggest one-appointment bonding. Dr. Mitchell can apply liquid composite resin that’s been shaded to blend with your tooth’s color in order to rebuild a pleasing shape to your tooth. After hardening the resin with a curing light, he will artistically sculpt and polish the restoration. In just one visit, you can enjoy a beautiful new smile! Cosmetic bonding can be a viable, affordable alternative to porcelain veneers, but it lasts only 5 to 10 years with proper care. Bonding will not discolor as your natural tooth enamel will, so touch-up teeth whitening may be required to keep your natural teeth the same shade as the bonded area.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered:
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
A Beautiful smile is a valuable asset! Let us explain how our advanced procedures in both cosmetic and general dentistry can give you the attractive smile you’ve always wanted. Call today to schedule your Complimentary Smile Design Consultation and find out if Cosmetic Bonding is a great option for you.
Call Today for an Appointment! (972) 233-1311
5438 Alpha Rd., Dallas, Texas 75240