Are you ready to turn the smile of your dreams into reality? Your cosmetic dentist can create a picture-perfect smile using the latest solutions in dentistry. They can transform your teeth and self-esteem with a smile makeover. Your first step to enhancing your pearly whites is a consultation with your cosmetic dentist. Here are 4 questions to ask during your appointment for a smile makeover.
1. What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover isn’t a single procedure. Instead, it involves specific elective services catering to your needs. Everyone’s treatment plan looks different, but common procedures used include:
- Veneers: Bonding veneers to the teeth visible when smiling can correct many issues at once, like stains, chips, and gaps. You’ll enjoy results that can last for 10 years or longer with the right aftercare.
- Teeth Whitening: Your teeth can get up to 8 shades whiter using a professional whitening system when used on surface and age-related discoloration.
- Invisalign: You can fix bite and alignment issues with no brackets and wires. Clear aligners are worn over your teeth for 22 hours per day. The average treatment plan takes about 12 months.
- Dental Bonding: A composite resin is shaded to the color of your enamel to blend in with your tooth when used to fix minor imperfections, like chips or decay.
- Tooth-Colored Restorations: Tooth-colored materials can be used for fillings, crowns, and other restorations for biocompatible solutions that provide natural-looking results.
2. Does a Smile Makeover Hurt?
Your comfort is your dentist’s top priority. They can use a local numbing agent or sedation to ensure a pain-free process. Although you won’t have any discomfort while you’re in the dentist’s chair, your mouth can be a little tender after the effects of any medications dissipate, depending on your treatment. You can manage it with an over-the-counter pain reliever and eat soft foods until it improves.
3. How Long Does a Smile Makeover Last?
Each procedure has a different life expectancy, and various factors will affect the lifespan of your results. You can get the most from your investment with a good oral hygiene routine at home and regular care from your dentist. It’s best to break any bad habits that can damage your teeth, like chewing on ice or biting your fingernails.
4. Can I Use My Dental Insurance?
Most dental insurance won’t cover elective procedures unless they are medically necessary. However, your benefits may cover your consultation, diagnostic imaging, or any preliminary procedures.
Your cosmetic dentist will explain exactly what you can expect on the road ahead and address any questions you have. You will feel confident your smile is in good hands.
About Dr. Robert Mitchell
Dr. Mitchell earned his dental degree from Baylor College of Dentistry and has regularly continued his education to provide up-to-date services. He is committed to helping each patient achieve their best smile. Dr. Mitchell is a proud member of many professional organizations, including the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Call our office at (972) 688-6110 to schedule your consultation for a smile makeover.